Young Lawyers Section is a structural unit of the Lithuanian Lawyers Association that bases its activities on responsibility, respect, honesty, citizenship, tolerance and volunteering.
Young Lawyers Section is a professional, voluntary, independent public organization that brings together young lawyers who seek
- to actively contribute to developing law students and young lawyers’ professional ethics and cultural, educational knowledge
- to contribute to forming the sovereign rule of the state of Lithuania
- to participate in strengthening the basis of democratic management and developing the corresponding legislation
- to raise legal problems existing in society and seek their solutions
- to contribute to forming human rights and freedoms, and public legal consciousness
to develop a conscious and civil society that would have a space for open and honest discussions about the problems existing in the society.
- being open to the public and its problems, we publish statements and opinions on legal issues, we seek to be a public advocate
- cooperating with public authorities, local self-government and public organizations, we become mediators between each member of the society and the government, and we are engaged in the drafting of legislation
- we organize training courses, conferences, seminars, lectures and other professional, social-cultural events
- we provide free legal advice on the local newspapers of Lithuania
- we carry out other activities
The department is under the management of annually elected Board consisting of nine members. All team members work with a common goal; they help each other, share common ideas and seek to work effectively and to meet the members’ expectations.
More details and contacts (in Lithuanian)